OpenVPN connection Windows
From IT-help UiB
Please give us a
OpenVPN is a backup solution see VPN for more information.
Setup of https://openvpn.net/ on Windows
'Do you want a detailed instruction manual, [click her].' ' The operating instructions deal with Windows 7, but the process is identical to Windows 10.
Configuration and certificates To use OpenVPN you need certificates. You can download it from https://tjinfo.uib.no/openvpn
- Sign in with UiB username and password
- Click "Create Certificate".
- You can upload the certificate (configuration file) via the link on the page. Certificate will be emailed as attachment (uib.ovpn)
= = Installation Last downloaded client from https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html Install "Install (64-bit), Windows Vista, and later"
- When the installation is complete, uib.ovpn file is copied to
C: \ Program Files \ OpenVPN \ config
- Restart PC
Use = =
- Launch OpenVPN GUI
- Right-click on the Icon in System Attempt and select Connect