Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)
MSDNAA makes it possible for IT-students to gain access to free software from Microsoft to use for educational purposes.
There are two professional communities at UiB who have made an agreement with Microsoft:
- The Department of Informatics
- The Department of Computer and Media Science.
Further information can about these agreements can be found at webpages at Microsoft
In short terms, the agreement states the following:
- The agreement will grant students and employees at the departments access to Microsoft software. This includes OS, applications, developer tools and much more.
- The products are to be used for educational and research purposes only.
- Students will gain access to a “webshop”, where they can download these products.
- Each user/student may only download each product one time. If they are in need of a new download, they need to have their download reset by a local administrator.
- The download is free of charge as the departments pay an annual subscription fee.
The local administrators are:
- The Department of Informatics(msdn.ii.uib.no)::
- Master students: Send your request to email@example.com and fill in your full name, username, the name of your instructor and your study program.
- You may also contact your instructor or research group for further assistance.
- Technical staff: Any requests for access should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Department strives towards giving accounts to all students (including bachelor) registered at courses in informatics at the start of each semester.
- All students will be notified of this through their UiB-mail account.
- There may occur situations where this has not been done.In that case, the user should contact the Department in order to gain access.
- Students that are not registered to at least one course in Informatics, will not be given access.
- The Department of Information and Media Sciences:
- Students should forward their request to Rune Arntsen who is responsible for assigning usernames and passwords.
- Terje Thue is responsible for the technical staff and for the administration of the agreement and its programs.
Note: The IT-Department is not responsible for anything regarding these agreements and simply reciting the information given to us.
We ask that all requests are forwarded to the departments themselves.