Mac OS X: VPN
Setting up VPN in Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard)
1. Open System Preferences
2. Open Network
3. Click [+ ] down to the left
4. Choose "VPN" and "PPTP", and give the connections at name of your choice, like for instance "VPN UiB".
Employed: Server Address: vpn-ansatt.uib.no Account Name: email@example.com
Students: Server Address: vpn-student.uib.no Account Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional settings (saving time):
1. Mark "show VPN status in menu bar" and you have easy access to the VPN connection via the menu bar.
2. Under "Authentication settings..." you may type your paaaword to be remembered, to save the time of doing this later. But this is not recommended if the computer may be accessible with the same logon for others.
3. Click "Apply" when you are finished.