Computer labs at Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- The faculty of Mathematical and Natural Science has computer labs in the following buildings:
- 1st Floor at Realfagbygget(Allégaten 41): There are 4 computer labs, with either Linux or Windows operative system.
- 1ST/Ground floor at Høgteknologisenteret(HIB, Thormøhlens gate 55): There are 4 computer labs, with either Linux or Windows operative system.
- All of the computer labs are named Datalab and are numbered from 1 to 4.
- Realfagbygget have these opening hours:
- Open for everyone: Monday-Friday 07.45-16:00
- Open for persons with student card and code: Monday-Friday 16:00-20:00,Saturday 07:45-14:00
- Master students that are stationed at the building will have access beyond regular opening hours.
- HiB is open from 08:00-20:00, but in evenings you are required to use your student card to get access to the computer labs.
- In Realfagbygget the printers are stationed at Datalab 1. On Høyteknologisenteret the printers are stationed in the corridor outside the computer labs.
In addition, all institutes at the faculties have their own computer stations on which master students can work. There are also printers stationed nearby these work spaces.
The IT-assistants at Realfagbygget have their workplace in room 1015/1C3d (which is a side-corridor to the corridor with the computer labs). The IT-assistants at Høgteknologisenteret have their workplace in the group room in Datalab 4. Both have working hours from 08:00-18:00 from Monday to Friday. The IT-assistants can answer questions about the use of computer facilities and assist you in setting up a personal computer. Further, they are responsible in changing cartridges in student printers and giving computer assistance to lecturers.